The pros and cons of having got a PHD in a subject is that you pick up a lot or trivia. When I hang around with my friends I sometimes share these bits of information and sometimes I’m showered by accolades and sometimes by troll so today I am sharing some of these trivia to my readers.
· Zero ( 0 ) is the only number which cannot be represented by Roman numerals.
· Ever wondered what comes after a million, billion and trillion? A quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion and undecillion.
· 2 and 5 are the only primes that end in 2 or 5 5.
· Among all shapes with the same perimeter a circle has the largest area and among all shapes with the same area circle has the shortest perimeter.
· 40 when written "forty" is the only number with letters in alphabetical order, while "one" is the only one with letters in reverse order
· 'FOUR' is the only number in the English language that is spelt with the same number of letters as the number itself
· 12345678,987654321 is the product of 111,111,111 x 111,111,111.
· The term 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second