• Fire is an event and not a thing. Heating any fuel releases volatile vapors that can rapidly combust with oxygen in the air.
• Photosynthesis is the process by which sunlight and heat make chemical energy and fire uses chemical energy to produce light and heat. So a bonfire is basically a tree running in reverse.
• Earth is the only known planet where fire can burn. Everywhere else you don’t find enough oxygen for fire to occur.
• Oxygen supply influences the color of the flame. A low oxygen fire gives off a yellow glow. A high oxygen fire burns blue.
• Fire spreads much faster than it is generally thought of as it takes less than thirty seconds for a fire to become very difficult to control.
• Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill! The steeper the slope, the faster the fire travels.
• More people die of smoke inhalation than the actual fire when they are trapped in a burning house.
• Even when you are stuck in a completely burning house, it would be pitch black as the room gets filled with smoke.
Here at MathsOne, one of the Best Maths Tuition Centres in Kerala we educate our students in the basics of Mathematics that we often overlook